- Proper insulation of pipes of chilled water ,cu piping for refrigerant can results in
- Temperature can be set as per requirement & not going for extremes can help in
reducing energy consumptions .
- Refrigerant piping should be kept as less as possible for better efficiency .
- Vapour absorption unit instead of conventional motor driven compression
system for central air conditioning .
- Another option is spot cooling air conditioning instead of central air
conditioning where we can save energy .
- Reduce exposure of sunlight of glasses through screens .
- Reduce movements of material & men through air condition area .
- Use water cooled condensers rather than air cooled condensers.
- Avoid oversizing select the refrigeration cap as per the load .
- Consider gas powered refrigeration equipment to minimise the electrical load .
- Connect refrigerated water load in series .
- Inspect moisture /liquid indicators .
- Consider change of refrigerant type if it will improve efficiency .
- Check the correct refrigerant charge level.
- Increase the chilled water temperature set point if possible
- Use the lowest temperature condenser water available that the chiller can
- Increase the evaporator temperature .
- Clean heat exchangers regularly .
- Use water cooled condenser rather than air cooled one .
- Optimise condenser water flow rate and refrigerated water flow rate .
- Replace old chillers or compressors with energy effecients models.
- Install a control system to co - ordinate multiple chillers
Next --- More on air conditioning
AIR CONDITIONING AND REFRIGERATION