BOILERS AND HOT WATER GENERATOR
Conventional burners can be replaced by high pressure burners .Fuel efficient
burners are available .Weishaupt burners and benetone burners.Burners
efficiency results in low fuel comsumption.
Following factors helps in fuel consumption
- 4. Proper maintenance of burners .
- Feed water could be heated from waste heat -flue gas by putting up
either recuperator or heat exchanger
- Heat loss can be reduced by proper insulation .
- Steam traps to provided in proper distance as per requirement steam
traps help in improving quality of steam .
- Make use of condensate water into feed water.
- Replace boilers with hot water generators wherever possible . hot water
generators does not fall into IBR regulations ,hence requirement of
inspection from Boilers inspectors are eliminated
- Minimise boiler blow down .Install automatic blow down control
- Install removable insulation on valves and fittings
water side.Inspect for soot,flyash and
- Inspect and repair faulty steam traps
- Preheat combustion air with waste heat
- Insulate exposed heated oil tanks
- Inspect for scales & sediments on
slag on fire side .
- Oven / Furnances have insulation lining which if proper can reduce heat
- Check against infiltration of air : Use doors or air curtains
- Improve burner design , combustion control and instrumentation .
- Waste heat generated can be utilised for heating water and pre heat in
take air . recuperators and heat exchangers can be installed to use waste
heat from flue gases .
Insulation are required for various industrial application such as Ovens.
Furnances,heaters,boilers,storage tanks,pipings,steam.chilled water pipelines
etc .These insulations are made up of mineral wool,silica , alumina and mulite .
Insulation can save heat losses considerably .While selecting insulation material
check thermal properties,physical and chemical speciifcations
Repair damaged insulation
Insulate any hot or cold metal surface
Replace any wet insulation